Are you interested in a hand missal for the extraordinary form of the Mass (aka, traditional Latin Mass)? Click this link for product descriptions.
As you know, during this time of covid we have been unable to place hymnals or missalettes in the pews. Having your own hand missal helps you follow the Mass and also makes it easy to study the Mass readings at home.
If you would like to have a missal of your own—for the ordinary or the extraordinary form of the Mass—we will place an order for you with the Paraclete. Paraclete sales help fund the education of the Diocese of Knoxville’s seminarians. To order, use the order form you will find at church in the narthex or fill out the online form below. When the missals arrive, we will distribute them in the church basement. Payment for your missal is due when you receive it.
Order forms must be received by March 14.
Below you’ll see descriptions of various missals, all but one of which can be ordered from the Paraclete. Prices range from under $8 to $75.
The options include daily missals, with all the readings for both daily and Sunday Masses as well as numerous prayers and devotions; Sunday-only missals; and paperback annual missals that are good for one church year (Advent through Christ the King). Missals are available in English and Spanish. Missals with leather or leatherette covers may be personalized with your name stamped on the cover in silver or gold for an additional $10.
To order, use the order form you will find at church in the narthex or fill out the online form below. When the missals arrive, we will distribute them in the church basement. Payment for your missal is due when you receive it.
DAILY MISSALS, ordinary form
Note: Midwest Theological Forum is having a sale as of Feb. 20, with prices lower than we can offer on the Daily Roman Missal described immediately below ($45 for hardcover edition and $56.25 for the bonded-leather edition). Learn more or order here.
Daily Roman Missal, burgundy or black hardcover, $60
burgundy or black bonded leather cover, $75
Published by Midwest Theological Forum
First published more than 25 years ago, the Daily Roman Missal is an essential resource for anyone who wants to grow closer to Christ and the Eucharist. It is an ideal resource for following the Mass, studying it more closely, and reflecting on its profound beauty and grace. The Daily Roman Missal is a book for the home as well as for the church. It familiarizes the people of God with sacred Scripture, explaining it in the context of their public and communal worship of God.
Features of the seventh edition:
- Prayers, antiphons, and readings (A-B-C cycle for Sundays, two-year cycle for weekdays) for all Masses throughout the liturgical year
- English (latest translation) and Latin texts side-by-side for the Order of Mass (including the four Eucharistic Prayers), the Entrance and Communion Antiphons, the response to the Responsorial Psalm, the Sequence, the Alleluia verse before the Gospel, and many devotions and prayers
- Masses for all the saints on the General Roman Calendar, adapted for use in the dioceses of the United States of America
- Liturgical calendar of dates through 2031
- Smyth-sewn binding has been reformulated to provide durability and allows the book to lie flat from cover to cover when open
- Six placeholder ribbons
- Gilded edges
- Highly readable 10-point typeface
All of this plus more than 200 pages of devotions and prayers (about 90 percent of the contents of the Handbook of Prayers published by Midwest Theological Forum) complete this dignified, one-volume daily missal.
Saint Paul Daily Missal, burgundy or black “leatherflex,” $54.95
Published by Pauline Books & Media
The Saint Paul Daily Missal continues the Daughters of St. Paul’s fine tradition of publishing high-quality missals. Includes the revised English translation of the Roman Missal, this beautiful missal features the Scripture readings and prayers for all Sundays, cycles A, B and C; holy days of obligation; all weekdays, years 1 and 2; and saints’ feast days, including the new saints in the Church’s calendar, in one convenient volume.
Spiritual reflections on each day’s readings and introductions to the liturgical seasons are provided to enhance prayerful participation in the liturgy. The missal also includes illustrations and an expanded treasury of prayers.
Handsomely bound in durable leatherflex (imitation leather) with gilded edges, four ribbon markers, and gold-stamped cover.
SUNDAY MISSALS, ordinary form
Saint Paul Sunday Missal, burgundy or black “leatherflex,” $29.95
Published by Pauline Books & Media
Prepared by the Daughters of St. Paul and including the revised English translation of the Roman Missal, this beautiful missal includes the Scripture readings and prayers for all Sundays (cycles A, B, and C) and holy days of obligation in one easy-to-carry volume.
Spiritual reflections on each reading and introductions to the liturgical seasons are provided to enhance prayerful participation in the liturgy. The missal also includes illustrations and an expanded treasury of prayers.
Handsomely bound in durable burgundy imitation leather with gilded edges, two ribbon markers and gold-stamped cover.
NOTE: The Lumen Christi Missal cannot be ordered from the Paraclete. If you would like a copy, please purchase it online, using the link at the bottom of the product description.
Lumen Christi Missal, hardcover, red, $22.95
Published by Illuminare Publications
The Lumen Christi Missal is a beautiful hardcover comprehensive worship resource with two ribbons. It is built to endure and has quickly become one of the most viable replacements for disposable missal subscriptions today.
Offer your parish a missal that truly reflects the beauty, dignity and timelessness of the sacred liturgy, and open the door to deeper liturgical renewal.
- Lectionary readings and antiphons for cycles ABC, Sundays and feasts
- More than 300 simple chant antiphon settings for the Entrance, Offertory, and Communion, including Entrance and Communion antiphons for daily Masses
- Responsorial Psalms and Gospel Acclamations for the entire year
- The Order of Mass according to the new translation of the Roman Missal with people’s parts notated to be sung or spoken, including the Eucharistic Prayers
- Eighteen Mass Settings, including the ICEL chant setting, three other simple English chant settings, and 15 of the simplest and most commonly sung Ordinaries in Gregorian chant
- Devotional prayers including prayers before and after Mass, prayers before and after confession, the Rite of Reconciliation, common prayers and litanies, the Stations of the Cross, Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction, and more
- Durable hard covers
- Two ribbons
St. Ignatius Pew Missal, annual missal, paperback, $7.49
Published by Ignatius Press
The St. Ignatius Pew Missal provides worshipers with a liturgical resource that is consistent with the directives of the Church. It includes the Scripture readings and Entrance and Communion antiphons for each Sunday and solemnity.