Troop 311 of the Troops of St. George meets monthly in Henkel Hall at the church. We are active in the Knoxville, TN metro area and welcome all to come and join us for a fun time of fellowship, and learning about the outdoors and the Lord within a Catholic setting. We are here to learn about the Lord’s creation and to be good stewards of the world that has been left in our charge. We do this by teaching young boys about the world around us, guiding them alongside them on this journey, and to set the example of what it means to be a faithful Catholic.
As fathers we are also charged with guiding young boys into young men who can discern God’s voice in this world. At Troops of Saint George we believe that we can best do this in the outdoors, away from the hustle-&-bustle of the world and immerse ourselves within God’s creation. It is here that we can best hear God’s voice and it is here we can learn how to discern his purpose for us in this world.
For additional information contact Morgan Crace, Troop 311 Captain at 225-270-8687 or via email at email@example.com.
The Troops of Saint George (TSG) is a fraternal Catholic nonprofit apostolate for priests, men, and young men looking for a life of adventure coupled with virtue. Initially founded in 2013 by Catholic author and professor Dr. Taylor Marshall, we have become a collection of troops that do the following:
- experience reverent and beautiful Masses on mountaintop vistas
- pray the Rosary with other men around fire pits in the freezing cold
- catch a Fish Friday meal by fly fishing for trout
- go to confession with our priests while kneeling on moss in the woods
- teach our sons archery, rockclimbing, marksmanship, fishing, survival skills…and Catholic virtues
- foster a love for the priesthood and a reverence for the sacrament of Matrimony
- support our local parish, our priests, our bishops, and community by being available for works of mercy and service
Troop 311 Schedule of Events